Roseville Album by Kim McLean. It has been so much fun! This photo is early in the process. I decided to start with one of the side panels--I guess because I like the bird's nest. If I had it to do over, I'd start with a regular (smaller) block to get my feet wet.
If you look at this photo and compare it to some of the next photos, you'll see some fabric changes. (the squirrel's body and the larger bird's front wing for starters) . It still is very much a work in process.
The pieces are only glued (with the exception of the eggs and nest, which I stitched). I am doing this a different way than I've normally appliqued--using freezer paper on the front, then finger pressing the seam allowance and gluing it to the back, then using a bit of Roxanne's glue to "baste" the piece to the background loosely. There are two birds in the photo (below right) that aren't finished yet--I can't decide which wings, head pieces, and tail feathers they need.
Also, there are two birds at the top of the panel that have me stumped (see left). I just can't figure out which fabric I want to use for them. All I can "see" is the fabric that was used originally in the pattern.
I guess bad quilt karma may be holding back the inspiration needed to finish--hopefully it'll be easier once I finish my other top. ;) Happy Quilting!