February 03, 2014

Taking care of a little business

I've been pretty good this year, working on our taxes, Quicken, and putting our financial papers in order.  I've been making good progress, but finally gave in and had to do a little quilt related Kaffe "business" this weekend.

Saturday, I did a little laundry, washing the Flower Garden applique blocks I've finished in the last few months.  They are lined up on my never changing design wall.  (I really need to work on these pink/green triangles for the Pyramid quilt or take them down.)

  
I haven't counted them all up yet, but I think I'm done with all the Flower Garden center blocks.  ( I'd put an exclamation point after that sentence, but I don't want to end up disappointed if I find there are still a few more to go.)
Just another close up.  I sure hope this is all of them.
Sunday I spent working on a binding for Turn by Turn.  (The quilting was finished almost a year ago.)  Sigh.   It always seems to take so long to get it ready and sewn on.


Ended up being VERY lucky in the amount of binding--only an inch or two extra.  (not bad for not just guessing on the size and amount to make.) 


Love using the clover clips for binding.    What color of thread do you use with a print like this?  Seems like any color will show in one area or another. 


Now just a few days (weeks?) of hand stitching to go.  But oh, the Kaffe's are absolutely glorious to work on!    I guess stitching binding is a good way to stay warm.  Will save the big quilt reveal for when (IF) I ever get the binding sewn on.

I sure hope these fabrics that just happened to hop into a bin together don't interfere with my progress.  Seems that temptress Heather (who blogs at Happy Appliquer) started another BOM which just happened to catch my eye at a weak moment.  The BOM is hosted by Cindy at Quilt Doodle Doodles, and you can join the fun here.  Several speedy people have already posted their blocks on Pinterest--go here to see them.


Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Fabulous pop of colour Donna and I thought the pyramids were part of the quilt as they go so well with the flowers.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Ok, lock the door and bolt the windows...I'm in love with your big flower blocks and I'm feeling the need to hop on over (no worries) and snatch them. They are absolutely beautiful!!! You've done a lovely job and I know that quilt is going to be amazing.

Giggles,
Kelly

Browndirtcottage said...

L.O.V.E…….sigh……I have 2 big stacks of Kaffe fabrics…..going on y-e-a-r-s now. I just can't bear to cut into them!!! ha!

Great pyramids too!! You are just too darn good!

Gosia @ Quilts My Way said...

I love Your Flower Garden applique blocks, Donna:)
Great job!!!