November 08, 2016

When you are too tired to sew....

This is what happens when you are too tired to be sewing:

 
These are leftovers from a quilt started decades ago--before rotary cutters.  The pieces were pretty uneven, so I didn't worry about making things match, but even loosening up on that, I still managed to mess up the directions of the rows.  To fix it, it was either pick out two rows to make it zig zag or pick out one row to make it uniform.  I chose the one row. 
 
Here it is again after quilting it.  I was amazed at how much the quilting helped hide. Now I just need to find some binding to finish it up.
 
 
I'm also working on a quilt for a nephew's second baby.  We don't know if it is a girl or a boy yet, but I am making a girl quilt that coordinates with the quilt I made their first child, just on the off chance this one will also be a girl. (The first quilt was the Star Surround, found here.)  Here's the new quilt in progress:
 
 
The colors of the original quilt were mint green, yellow, pink and white, but I really had to "stretch" the mint greens as mint green fabrics are hard to find right now.  This is all sewn together, and now I'm working on piecing a back for it.  I suspect we'll learn it's a boy about the time I get the back done! :)
 
Happy Stitching!
 

No comments: