In pulling fabrics for its back, I realized I had too many light blue fabrics. So when I saw this quilt here on on Moda Bakeshop
I decided that was just the thing to use my blues, and it looked like it would be simple and quick. The blues then became blues and greens, and then became Tessa's quilt. Here's another view of it on the design wall.
Since the goal was to use my stash blues and greens, I decided to piece a back from stash. Then I saw all the granny afghan blocks being made across blogland. (For a tutorial see: http://blueelephantstitches.blogspot.com/2012/01/granny-square-quilt-block-tutorial.html and for a granny square quilt along see: http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/2012/07/great-granny-along-and-giveaway.html
The granny squares were perfect since I had several leftover green and blue strips to use for the squares. I decided to piece a row of granny squares to extend my backing fabrics.
But I liked the granny squares so well that back idea grew and grew, and is still in process, but had to come off the design board. Here's what it looked like when it was last photographed.
So now I will be needing two blue and green backs! And this project has been on hold since then.
And finally, Hooray! I was lucky enough to win a gift certificate on Angela Pingel's blog, Cut to Pieces. It was hard to decide between all the lovely fabrics that XO Gigi Fabrics had, but these are what I went with--I think they'll work nicely in another project I've recently started. You should be sure to check out all the chevron fabrics XO Gigi's got in now--definitely coveting some of them! Thanks again to Angela and XO Gigi Fabrics!
That's more than enough for now--stay tuned for Part 2! :)