The scary hexies are now a top! (And no, I do not speak much French so hopefully that is stated correctly.)
The top was made from a French General kit that I was lucky enough to win in a giveaway from Thelma at Cupcakes N'Daisies. (Thank you Thelma!)
I made the kit just as directed in the pattern, although I just had to add a few more different French General fabrics (if ten fabrics are good, fifteen are better--I can never resist more variety). Of course I just told myself it was because I wanted to add a smidgen of green to make the quilt be a bit more Christmasy without it being a Christmas only quilt. Here's a closer view...
The kit had a generous amount of fabrics even without my additions, so now I've quite a bunch of French General scraps as well as some half hexies and quite a few whole hexies, so I'm sure you'll see another hexie project here sometime--but not soon. First I've got a few million other UFO's to finish, and of course, this still needs quilting!