April 23, 2011

April Update

Another flower was finished!
I'm done with three blocks from the Flower Garden so far (3 of 24).  They go pretty quickly.

I'm also continuing to work on my Roseville Album block for April's UFO that I showed here on my last post.  I am really struggling with the reverse applique on it.  The little pointy areas are just too small for me and don't look good no matter how careful I am--either that or I'm sure they will wash out on the first washing.  I'm trying to come up with a good alternative.  (Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!)

A lovely treat came in the mail!


I won these pretty batik squares from Marjorie who blogs at Applique Addict , and found out we live in the same area--it is a small world!  Thanks so much Marjorie!  They were a real treat, and just what I needed to brighten my day with all the gloomy rainy weather we've been having.  (I think I'll be sneaking them into a few Roseville blocks where I can.)

And we played at making Easter cake pops! 
Sad Little Chicks (our first try)


A first try at cake pops with my dd. 

We (roughly) followed instructions in Cake Pops by Bakerella--

Here's her link showing what the bunnies were supposed to look like.  



Some perplexed looking rabbits!

We had fun, but I'm not sure I would do them again unless I was highly motivated. Ours just don't taste worth the effort and I'd rather have a nice piece of cake. They would be fun for children though, or for cheery decorations.


Hope you have a Happy Easter! 

1 comment:

Lynette said...

What a cute Flower Garden block! I had never heard of Easter cake pops before.